1. Please check the car specification, car service record and anything else that is relevant to your purchasing decision with your salesperson before placing an order.
2. The vehicles will be supplied with the balance of the manufacturers warranty where available. Where the manufacturers warranty has expired you will be supplied with 6 months warranty from date of purchase.
3. Lux Automotive will pass to you all keys, manuals service records and radio codes received.
4. It is agreed between the contracting parties that all disputes arising out of any contracts or agreements entered into will fall under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales and the laws of those will apply under the provisions of the contracts (Applicable Law) Act 1990.
5. The vehicle does not become the customers until it is paid for with cleared funds.
6. A deposit of two hundred and fifty pounds (£250) is required with every Used Car order to show the customer’s commitment to purchase the vehicle and Lux Automotive’s commitment to supply the vehicle. Any payment made in excess of £250 will have been individually negotiated between Lux Automotive and the customer and is set out on the front of the order form.
7. A deposit for a New Car order will vary depending on the Manufacturer.
8. If the customer fails to collect and pay the balance of the price without lawful reason by the agreed date, Lux Automotive will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and offer the vehicle for re-sale and claim from the customer any reasonable losses suffered which may include but are not limited to stocking charges, unrecoverable extras fitted to the vehicle, and any reduction in value of the vehicle. Lux Automotive will be entitled to use the deposit, and any prepayment to reduce its reasonable losses. Any excess will be returned to the customer and the customer will pay any shortfall. If Lux Automotive failed to deliver the vehicle by the agreed date, Lux Automotive shall return the deposit and any prepayment to the customer and shall be liable to the customer for any reasonable losses the customer may suffer.
9. Any part exchange allowance agreed with a customer is either based upon the customer’s description of the vehicle to Lux Automotive or upon its inspection by Lux Automotive. Valuations are based on the assumption that a valid V5 will be handed over by the customer.
10. In the event of subsequent damage to the vehicle, fair wear and tear accepted, or if the customer knowingly gave incorrect information concerning the vehicle or has concealed a defect in the vehicle which Lux Automotive relied upon, Lux Automotive may decline to take the vehicle, in which case Lux Automotive will try to agree with the customer a new allowance. If no agreement can be reached the customer shall either pay the full price, or Lux Automotive will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and the provisions of clause 6 shall then apply.
11. The vehicle will be supplied with the balance of the manufacturers warranty where available.
12. Any claim by the customer based upon defects in the quality or condition of the vehicle shall be notified by Lux Automotive within a reasonable time of the date of delivery, or where the defects were not apparent on a reasonable inspection, within a reasonable time after discovery of the defects.
Important payment information
Acceptable methods of payment are as follows:
Lloyds Bank, Nottingham.
Sort code: 30-96-18
Account no: 56537060
Payable to Lux Automotive, quoting the Registration of the vehicle you are purchasing.
If you are paying by cash please let your salesperson know, as we will require prior notice. A maximum limit applies.
Part exchange vehicles will only be accepted when accompanied by a valid V5 (Logbook). If you do not have the logbook for your part exchange vehicle in your possession, please contact your sales person as soon as possible.
Please Note it may be necessary for Lux Automotive to contact several finance companies to arrange suitable finance.
To ensure you are able to collect your vehicle as planned it is essential that you bring with you on the day of collection you’re DRIVING LICENCE stating your current address if the licence is a new photo card style, we require both the card and the counterpart.
If you do not possess a licence with your current address on it, please contact your salesperson as soon as possible on 01158 372534.